What are the best summer work boots? Temperatures are always high during the summer and this causes sweating and discomfort to your feet.
For this reason, you need a pair of summer work shoes to help you stay efficient and productive in your workplace.
These breathable meshwork boots keep your feet ventilated, comfortable, and protected.
In this guide, we are going to look at some of the best summer boots and some factors to consider before choosing summer work boots.
- 1 Benefits of Getting the Right Work Boots for Summer
- 2 Buying Guide (What to consider/lookout for)
- 3 Best Summer Work Boots Reviews
- 4 Parting Shot
Benefits of Getting the Right Work Boots for Summer
It is important to have boots suited for various weather and work conditions.
The summer work boot is one of those shoes that help you stay productive even when the heat is extreme.
Below are some benefits derived from owning a pair of summer boots.
Prevents bad odor
Your feet sweat when there is a lot of heat in your boot especially during the summer. Anaerobic fungi and bacterial feed on the resulting sweat, producing a smelly by-product. To prevent these bacteria from developing in your shoes, you need the best work boots for sweaty feet, to offer enough ventilation in your boots during the summer.
Although sweating is a natural body occurrence, too much sweating can cause dehydration. Consequently, you may suffer from headaches, frequent thirst, and pale skin. With the right pair of summer work boots women or men, sweating is reduced and dehydration eliminated.
Keep your feet comfortable and clean
It is so uncomfortable to walk in boots drenched in sweat. Working becomes difficult and all you can think of is that pressing urge to take your shoes off. Also, it is unhygienic to walk in a sweat-soaked boot because it brings foul smell to people near you. To stay clean and feel comfortable while working during the hot season, consider a pair of summer work boots.
Prevent feet diseases
The feet tend to sweat a lot during the summer. Consequently, your boots becomes soaked in sweat and your feet become so soft. Any friction within your shoes causes blister that might be painful. Additionally, sweaty feet can be a breading area for fungi and bacterial that might cause other serious feet problems. Choosing the coolest summer work boots can work magic in preventing these feet diseases and problems.
Buying Guide (What to consider/lookout for)
There are a lot of shoe brands out there for different occasions. However, not all are summer work boots. To choose the best summer work boot, you need to consider the following factors.
Size and weight of the boot
Ill-sized shoes can be a nuisance when working. Causing constant pain to your toes and unnecessary fatigue. On the other hand, a big sized shoe does not hold on to the feet thus exposing you to workplace hazards. Again, if your boot is extremely heavy, it may lead to foot exhaustion and general fatigue. Therefore, go for lightweight boots that are the true size of your feet.
Although the waterproofing ability of a boot might compromise on its breathability, there are some which have both features. These types of summer boots employ a special moisture-wicking lining which prevents water from outside while draining water from the inside.
When buying any shoe comfort is always a necessity. You do want a shoe that gives you the urge to take it off when busy working. To ensure comfort in any summer boot that you purchase looks for features such as padded tongue to prevent frictions, and cushioned footbed to absorb shock when walking. Also, ensure the boot has arch support to support the ankle and provide stability when walking.
Construction and Breathability
The construction of a boot determines its breathability and durability. To choose a durable summer work boots, go for the one that is made of leather upper and a rubber sole. However, all-leather make might compromise on the breathability of the shoes. For this reason, consider a boot that has patches of breathable mesh on the leather upper.
Ventilation and insulation
Insulated boots are meant to protect your feet from cold. On the other hand, ventilated boots allow for enough circulation of air to your feet. While insulated boots are for winter, the summer boots are ventilated to allow for breathability thus preventing sweating when it’s extremely hot.
Every shoe must offer protection from workplace hazards. Therefore, try to get a summer boot that provides necessary protection depending on your working environment. Some of the features to look for include, toe safety for protection against impacts, tread patterns to prevent slips and falls, and electrical hazard protection.
Best Summer Work Boots Reviews
The following are some of the best summer work boots you can buy for maximum comfort, protection and value for money.
If you are looking for the coolest summer work boots that offer comfort, protection, and durable performance, the Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is a great option. The boot’s overall construction features make it the best for trekking, hiking, and camping.
The outer construction of this work boots features waxed and oiled pure leather upper to enhance its waterproofing ability, molded to an abrasion-resistant tough outsole that provides flexibility, and long-lasting performance.
The outsole is also slip-resistance to offer a superior grip on any terrain during hiking. On the inside, this boot features high-density footbed and cushioned breathable lining for enhanced shock absorption and breathability.
To make the boot even more comfortable and safe to wear, it comes with anti-fatigue insoles, ankle support, and a gusseted tongue.
- Features durable 100% leather upper constructions
- Tough outsole engineered to provide long-lasting performance
- Shaft measures of approximately 4.75″ from arch for protection
- Rustproof lace hardware with hooks at the top
- Cushioned footbed for enhanced comfort
- Seam-sealed waterproof construction
- With arch support for ankle comfort
- Features anti-fatigue insoles
- Slip-resistant outsole for enhanced grip
- Padded tongue for added comfort
- Stylish and versatile design for various occasions
- Enhances ankle support
- A waterproof and breathable boot
- Easy to wear
- Appear in different colors
- Provide comfort and durable performance
- Provides superior traction on slippery surfaces
- Durable and abrasion-resistant design
- The eyelets and hooks are prone to breakage
- The boots squeak on some surfaces
Constructed with premium quality material and state of the art craftsmanship, this work summer boot offers comfort and protection for both male and female hiking enthusiasts. The boot combines durability, performance, and comfort while remaining lightweight to ensure maximum protection on a daily basis.
First of all, the upper features waterproof mesh and leather, while the outsole is tough rubber construction, seam-sealed to make the boot more water-resistant, thus enhancing its longevity. The enhanced treads on the outsole provide maximum grip in every terrain while the lightweight insole provides cushioning to absorb impact in every step you take. What’s more, the boot features an arch support to offer comfort to your ankle, thus reducing fatigue.
- Waterproof mesh and leather upper construction for maximum durability
- Rubber outsole for cushioning and flexibility
- Lightweight cushioned and customizable insole for shock a absorption
- PU coated upper for waterproofing ability
- Dry breathable yet waterproof lining
- Waterproof outer membrane to repel water from the outside
- Seam-sealed construction for water resistivity
- Omni-Grip non-marking traction rubber. for maximum grip
- Rustproof lacing hardware
- Features Padded tongue for enhanced comfort
- Anti-fatigue technology to prevent unnecessary exhaustion
- Stylish and durable design
- Slip-resistant to offers enhanced traction in all-terrain
- Appear in different sizes and colors
- Unisex design for both men and women
- A waterproof and breathable boot
- Easy to wear and take off
- Offer protection from impacts
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- A bit narrow at the toe area
- Cannot be used in extremely hot environments
Keen is an international iconic brand known to provide quality work boots that performs in any industry and any weather.
Their summer work boots are known to provide aggressive traction, stability, comfort and durable performance.
Featuring waterproof nubuck leather upper construction and tough rubber outsole the KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot is guaranteed to offer protection to your feet for many years.
Its KEEN DRY technology features a water-resistant and breathable membrane that allows sweat out without letting water in, thus keeping your feet dry and comfortable. This makes it one of the best summer work boots.
Additionally, its non-marking rubber outsole offers superior traction on any trail without leaving footprints, while the Torsion shank provides support and stability for comfortable walking.
What’s more the boot features a padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Water-resistant nubuck leather upper construction for durability
- Tough rubber outsole for long-lasting performance
- Torsional stability shank to offer support to the midfoot
- With padded tongue and collar
- Breathable yet waterproof lining
- Non-marking rubber outsoles
- Contoured heel to provide stability
- Metatomical footbed design for excellent arch support and comfort
- Dual-density compression-molded EVA midsole for shock absorption
- Bump toe for impact protection
- Slip-resistant design that enhances traction
- Prevent sweating
- A versatile boot for various occasions
- Waterproof and durable
- Available in several colors for both men and women
- Stylish and comfortable design
- Provides stability and ankle support
- Does not leave footprint
- Offers protection from impacts
- They do not offer maximum traction on wet rocks
- They are not waterproof but water-resistant.
During the summers, hot weather, humidity, and sweat can irritate you. Although you cannot control the weather, it is so easy to control what you wear. Summer boots are very useful for these hot weather conditions.