What are the best socks for cold feet? When the cold season comes, the parts of the body that suffer most are your legs and your arms.
Reason? The body’s blood flow mechanism prioritizes the most important organs and the organs that are engaged in some activities.
As a result, your legs might suffer and may even develop a health condition. Luckily for you, there is a way to solve this – a pair of socks for cold feet.
Whether your feet are cold because of a medical condition or the chilly weather, a good pair of thermal socks can do magic in keeping them warm.
- 1 Types Socks for Cold Feet
- 2 Benefits of Getting the Right Socks for Cold Feet
- 3 Best Socks for Cold Feet Buying Guide
- 4 Best Socks for Cold Feet Reviews
- 5 Parting Shot
Types Socks for Cold Feet
Below are some types of sock for cold feet. These socks will help you prevent sweaty and cold feet, thus helping you enjoy the warmth while keeping your feet cozy.
These are not the regular traditional socks but they are designed to keep the feet warm in the winter and cool in the summer. You simply slip the welly in and roll the socks over for guaranteed warmth all day.
Heavyweight 4 Season Socks
These socks are constructed to keep the cold away while preventing sweating. They are designed for all the four seasons of the year – spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
Liner socks are designed to give the feet extra warmth during the winter and coolness during the summer. They are made of different fabrics such as merino wool, Coolmax, and silk.
Benefits of Getting the Right Socks for Cold Feet
Cold brings health problems to your feet, legs, and toes. Apart from that, your body becomes susceptible to diseases due to reduced immunity. A pair of sleeping socks for cold feet is the solution to these health problems. Additionally, these types of socks also benefit you in the following ways.
Makes sleeping possible
Sleeping with cold feet is always impossible for most people. You stay in your bend for many hours waiting for your feet to warm so that you can catch sleep. However, with a good pair of bed socks for cold feet, you do not have to suffer sleeplessness anymore. These socks are designed to keep your feet warm at night thus making sleeping possible.
Keeps your feet warm and comfortable
There is no worse feeling like the feeling of your cold feet. You are unable to do your routine actives and sometimes even the sleep eludes you. With the right pair of socks for cold feet, you are guaranteed feet warmth. Additionally, these socks are cozy, to make your feet feel comfortable.
When it’s cold, the blood flow mechanism prioritizes the vital organs of the body. If blood does not reach your legs they are left exposed to disease-causing germs. Also, when blood does not flow to the feet, they may suffer cold-related diseases such as arthritis and muscle damage. With a pair of socks for cold feet, your feet stay warm and these diseases are prevented.
Keeps blood flowing to the legs
Blood always flows to the part of the body involved in some sort of activity. As we know, the blood carries the components of the blood that fight against germs, and therefore it needs to keep flowing to the body evenly. Putting on a pair of compression socks for cold feet, engages the muscles of the legs, ensuring they receive enough blood. This keeps them warm, preventing disease and cold-related health conditions.
Best Socks for Cold Feet Buying Guide
The key to keeping your feet warm during the winter is the right pair of thermal socks. Many people think that thicker socks can provide the needed warmth. However, this is not true since the warmth of a sock does not depend on its thickness but a combination of factors. Below are factors to consider before buying socks for cold feet.
There are several materials used to make socks. These include silk, Coolmax, merino wool, and other synthetic materials. The material used determines how effective your sock is in providing warmth. Coolmax fabric prevent sweating, silk provides warmth, while merino wool also provides warmth and is cozier. To get the right pair of sock, check for the combination of material used in its construction. Merino wool is preferable for its warmth and comfort features.
The technology used to construct the sock determine how effective the sock is in making your feet warm. The most common socks technology to provide warmth is compression. These socks compress the muscles of your legs making them active. Active muscles send signals to the heart to keep pumping blood there thus keeping your feet warm.
The comfort of the socks
In most cases, you may wear the sock for the whole day or the whole night. If it is not properly constructed, it can overpress your legs causing pain and irritation to the skin. On the other hand, the sock may not stick up the leg for the entire time- keeps falling. To prevent this, ensure the sock is elastic while not too tight to irritate.
Apair of socks must protect your feet from cold and not harm them by causing blisters or unnecessary irritations. The best sleeping socks for cold feet have padded toe region to prevent irritation. Some also have moisture-wicking fabric to keep away the sweat while providing enough warmth.
You do not want socks that get torn or loose elasticity easily. You want a pair that can serve you for the longest time possible. Therefore, check for the material and technology used. Silk and merino wool are more durable while still providing warmth and comfort.
Best Socks for Cold Feet Reviews
If you are looking for socks ideal for providing maximum warmth in the winter, consider the Hot Feet Women’s 2 Pairs Heavy Thermal Socks. These socks are one fit all design making them suitable for most women. The sock construction features 93% acrylic, 6% polyester, and 1% Spandex to ensure they are durable while providing the needed warmth. Additionally, their soft brushed liners trap heat, keeping your feet warm and comfortable. What’s more, these socks are thick to protect your feet, while their moisture-wicking technology prevents sweating.
- Construction features 93% acrylic, 6% polyester and 1% Spandex for durability
- Soft brushed liner to keep your feet comfortable
- Designed to trap heat to keep your feet warm
- Moisture-wicking technology to prevent sweating
- Made in the USA
- Thick enough to protect your feet from friction
- Ideal for running and hiking
- Designed to stay up the leg
- Prevents sweating thus keeping you comfortable
- Appear in different colors
- Easy to clean
- They do not restrict leg movement
- Do not retain odor
- One size fits most design
- Specifically made for women
- Cannot be ironed, bleached, or dry cleaned.
If you are exposed to the condition of an unforgiving climate, the Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Midweight Sock with Cushion sock is an option to consider wearing. The sock features merino wool and nylon construction to provide enough warmth and breathability to curb any climatic condition. It is a perfect fit that does not slip, bunch, cause blister, or unnecessary irritation to the skin, thanks to its undetectable seam fusion technology. With the fine gauge knitting technology used to make this sock, you are guaranteed warmth, comfort, and durability. What’s more, the sock prevents sweating and repels odor and bacteria.
- Merino wool and nylon construction for comfort and durability
- Performance fit to ensure no slipping, bunching, and causing blisters
- Seam fusion technology for ultrasmooth and invisible feel
- With natural antimicrobial features that repel bacteria and odor
- Fine gauge knitting technology to ensure unpredictable durability
- Features moisture-wicking technology to prevent sweating
- Come in a range of fun colors
- Breathable and comfortable design
- Repels bacteria and odor
- Durable and unique design
- Prevents sweating
- Do not cause blisters or irritation
- Do not slip or bunch
- Dries faster
- Might cause itchy feeling for those with a sensitive skin
- A bit wide at the toe region
For those who are looking for comfort and durability, the High-performance Wool Ski Socks is an option to consider. Its innovative construction that blends merino wool with polypropylene, wick any sweat moisture away while keeping your foot at its natural temperature to prevent cold or too much warmth. With the advanced knitting techniques, the socks are made midweight with cushioning around the ankle, foot, and shin areas to provide ultimate comfort and warmth even when worn with boots. Additionally, the sock features elastic arc support to eliminate fatigue and provide comfort.
- 54% Nylon, 25% Merino Wool, 16% Polypropylene, 5% Spandex construction for elasticity and durability
- Features elastic construction at the top to prevent sliding down the leg
- Seamless toe to prevent irritation and blisters
- Features advance knitting techniques for enhanced comfort and warmth
- Cushioned in the ankle, shin, and foot regions to provide maximum comfort
- Features arch support to reduce fatigue and exhaustion
- Moisture-wicking fabric to absorb sweat
- Reduces fatigue and exhaustion
- Can be used for skiing and warming the feet
- Available in different colors
- Prevents sweating and too much warmth
- They do not slide down
- They are durable
- Provides comfort and cushioning
- A bit pricey
- Not warm enough for people with a medical condition
There lots of brands of socks available out there. The ultimate choice depends on your preference and your budgets. However, it is vital to consider the factors discussed above when shopping for the best socks for cold feet to provide warmth during the cold season.