What are the best asphalt paving boots? Working as an asphalt paver is a hard, demanding, and exhausting job.
You are involved in a lot of risk and hazards such as extreme heat from molten tar (up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit), walking in hard and unforgiving surfaces, as well as exposure to sharp objects or slippery grounds.
The last thing you want in this type of work is unsupportive, uncomfortable, or a shoe that does not protect you from these harsh conditions.
That is why we have scripted this guide to help you get the best work boots for asphalt paving.
- 1 Benefits of Getting the Right Asphalt Paving Boots
- 2 Buying Guide (What to consider/lookout for)
- 3 Best Asphalt Paving Boots Reviews
- 4 Parting Shot
Benefits of Getting the Right Asphalt Paving Boots
Whether you are the supervisor, paving crew, or even tools supplier, a pair of paving work boot is a must-have as long as you are working in asphalt paving.
These types of boots protect you from unfavorable conditions, while still keep you comfortable as you stay on your feet for the rest of the day.
Additionally, wearing the right pair of asphalt work boots benefits you in the following ways.
Protects your feet
As an Asphalt paver, you are exposed to a lot of hazards such as heat and sharp objects. These hazards may affect your health hence hindering your efficiency and productivity. With the right pair of asphalt work boots, you are guaranteed to stay protected all day long.
Ensures all-day comfort
Your work as an asphalt paver involves standing and roaming for the better part of the day. This requires you to have a comfortable boot that will not exhaust you. Additionally, the asphalt ground is hard to walk on. A pair of asphalt paving boots helps you stay comfortable as you walk on this hard ground.
Keeps your feet ventilated and dry
There are a lot of unfavorable conditions in the asphalt paving industry. One of these is hot molten tar that makes your feet sweat. Consequently, sweating can lead to some foot diseases as well as an uncomfortable feeling. Having the best work boots for asphalt paving ensures your feet are well ventilated to keep the uncomfortable sweat moisture away.
Keeps your feet clean
As an asphalt paver, you are exposed to sticky black chemicals that might harm your feet. Therefore, you need a good pair of asphalt boots to keep your feet clean and away from these chemicals. Additionally, a good pair of pavers boots helps keeps sand debris from entering your boots and harming your feet.
Buying Guide (What to consider/lookout for)
There are different types of shoes meant for different types of work.
If you have the wrong boot for the right work, you may end up hurting yourself or become extremely exhausted at the end of the day.
Therefore, for you to remain productive as an asphalt paver, you require a pair of the best asphalt paving boots that match your working conditions.
To get such boots, you need to consider some factors as see below.
High temperatures of about 300 Fahrenheit are common when working in the asphalt paving environment.
Since you need to stand on such grounds for more than eight hours, it is advisable to get an asphalt boot with an outsole that can withstand these temperatures.
When shopping for pavers boots, go for those with an outsole made of heat resistant materials such as polyurethane.
Flat outsole with no patterns
A flat outsole is a requirement in this industry since a heel and patterns can be imprinted on the soft asphalt.
Also, ensure the sole has shallow tread patterns because deep ones might collect a lot of pebbles and gravel making it hard to walk.
You want a size that is enough for your feet. Not too small that it would cause discomfort or too big that it will allow gravel and sand debris to enter your boot.
In any industrial or construction work, a soft toe is a must to protect your feet from impacts. There are a lot of materials used for making safety toe in work boots.
Since you are exposed to a lot of heat in the asphalt paving industry, a composite toe is more preferable to a metallic toe. This is because metals might become too hot thus burning your feet.
Laced shoes with a full gusset tongue
Laced asphalt paving boots are vital to ensure they do not come off easily as you walk on the hot molten tar. Additionally, make sure the boot that you buy has a full gusset tongue to prevent hot tar and gravel from entering your boot. In this regard, a metatarsal guard can also be helpful.
Since this industry requires you to stay standing for the better part of the day, you need a comfortable pair of paving work boots. Look for boots with comfort features such as cushioned footbed to absorb shock as u walk on the hard ground. Other comfort features to consider include ankle support, padded tongue, and breathability.
Asphalt paving is a demand hard job that might destroy boots easily. It is advisable to get asphalt paving boots that can withstand the abrasions in these harsh environments. Look for boots made of durable leather upper and Vibram or tough rubber outsole.
Best Asphalt Paving Boots Reviews
Having researched and considered all the above factors, we have come with three of the best asphalt boots in the market.
The Irish Setter Men’s Aluminum Toe Work Boot is up to the task that you may put it to, thanks to its 6 inches shaft and aluminum safety toe. The boot is crafted from water repellent leather and heat resistant outsole to make it durable. It features a removable polyurethane footbed that makes it resistant to heat even more, while still cushioning your feet from the hard ground. What’s more, the Goodyear welt reinforcement adds to the durability of the shoe, while the full gusset tongue prevents gravel and hot tar from getting into your boot.
- Pure leather construction for long-lasting performance
- Tough rubber outsole for heat resistivity and durability
- Removable polyurethane footbed to resist heat and offer comfort
- Shaft measures 6 inches for extra protection
- Lace-up boot
- Features aluminum toe safety for protection
- With a full gusset tongue for enhanced safety
- Goodyear welt for added durability
- Waterproof and durable boot
- Can withstand abrasion
- Lightweight and classic design
- Resistant to melting up to 475 Fahrenheit
- Removable and customizable footbed
- Offers protection from electrical hazards
- Protects from heavy falling objects
- The toe cup get destroyed easily
- Not suitable for walking on extremely slippery surfaces
- Not breathable
Ever Boots Company is known worldwide for crafting work boots based on the philosophy of affordability, performance, and durability. Its EVER BOOTS Weldor Men’s Moc Toe Construction Work Boots is one of their best shoes engineered to meet the standards required in the construction industry.
This boot features durable soft oil full-grain leather upper construction that ensures maximum comfort even when the boot is new. The outsole of this boot is made with tough synthetic material reinforced with Goodyear Welt to make it tough, heat resistant, and long-lasting. Additionally, its midsole feature EVA construction for maximum cushioning, making walking and standing less exhausting. What’s more, the boot offers protection and stability thanks to its six inches shaft, soft toe-stitch, and steel shank that alleviates pressure when walking.
- Durable soft oil full-grain leather upper construction
- Heat resistance synthetic outsole
- Removable insole for customization to ensure optimum comfort
- Shaft measure approx 6 inches from arch
- Goodyear Welt construction to make it tough
- EVA Midsole for maximum cushioning to enhance comfort
- Steel shanks to alleviate pressure when walking in slopy grounds
- Durable and comfortable boot
- Versatile for usage in various working environments
- Easy to wear and take off thanks to speed hooks
- Appears in two attractive colors to choose from
- Oil-resistant and slip-resistant
- Lightweight and repels flashing water.
- Comes with 3 months warranty against defects in workmanship
- These boots are not waterproof
- Do not offer insulation when it’s cold
Featuring durable EverGuard waterproof leather upper construction, and synthetic outsole reinforced with Good year welt, this boot offer comfort, and durable performance.
The outsole is further abrasion, slip, and oil-resistant for stability and durability, which makes it one of the best asphalt paving boots.
For comfort, the footbed of this boot is crafted with PU to absorb shock even on hard grounds. Additionally, the boot offers maximum protection thanks to the MetGuard flap, steel safety toe, and the six inches shaft.
- Durable EverGuard waterproof leather upper construction
- Shaft measures approximately 6″ from arch for extra protection
- Tough synthetic outsole reinforced with Good year welt for maximum durability
- Features waterproof MetGuard flap
- Closed-cell PU footbed for enhanced cushioning
- Lace-up front design
- With steel safety toe
- Waterproof and breathable design
- Appear in different colors and designs
- Offers protection and stability
- Durable and comfortable
- Abrasion, slip, and oil-resistant
- Meets the ASTM safety standards
- They are a bit heavy
- Not the easiest to wear
Asphalt paving requires a pair of boots that can withstand the demand of this job. It is tricky to find the right kind of boot since they are not made the same.
Although the boot that you choose depends on your preference, always consider factors such as comfort, durability, and safety.